Gluten Free Cornbread
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup white sugar
1 cup buttermilk
– if you don’t have buttermilk pour 1 tablespoon vinegar into a measuring cup and add the milk product of your choice
to a combined volume of 1 cup. This works with regular milk or almond/soy milk, etc.
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup corn flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2) Melt butter in a large oven-safe skillet
3) When butter is melted, remove from heat and stir in sugar. Quickly add eggs and beat until blended.
4) Combine buttermilk and baking soda and mix into the pan
5) Add cornmeal and mix until incorporated then mix in corn flour and mix until all lumps have been removed
6) Put skillet into the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean
(c) 2015 Little Mountain Cohousing for Paul C.